SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had to replace the brake pipes on my '94 900 but some of the plastic clips broke ;oops:
Is it possible to get replacement clips of the same type from anywhere? I have looked but cannot find.

Has anyone else here had to do this and what did you use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron.

It's odd that they have two parts shown (8 and 34). There are a lot more than two of these clips/clamps used and I was certain they were all the same.

I'll try phoning Saab here in the UK with the part number you have given but I'm not confident. When I have phoned them in the past they have not been able to get the bits. In fact, they have been really surprised to get an enquiry for a 1994 model.

-------------------

Just another thing! (sound like Columbo :p)

The jubilee clips on the hoses going to the fuel tank had rusted away. I put cable ties on as a temporary solution!

Would they cause an MOT failure do you think?

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I only have the EPC for LHD cars. If yours is RHD, then the part numbers might be different.

And yes, I would replace the tie wraps with some good stainless hose clamps when you get a chance... Ron

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Seldom dare I disagree with Ron, but, IMO, the cable ties are great for many applications........ Repairs, not initial assembly. And of course, these cannot be used when purity is prime.
MOT, if intelligent, should buy their application. Parts are so hard to find, dealers are very weak here, and they are becoming rare....
Maybe all the "old" car, and Saab owners are using cable ties.
These are far better than nothing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like to keep the cable ties on through laziness. I have since bought jubilee clips but it's a pain to have to get the car up on axle stands again.

While I'd like to think the MOT tester would either not notice or not see a problem, I'm not sure he'd like them :nono;

I will phone up a test station and ask their opinion.

Thanks guys.

(Just for laughs, here is the area in question. And no, the car was not pulled from the seabed. At least none of the plastic has rusted.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts