SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a new brake pedal switch as my brake lights were staying on once i'd turned the engine off. This was, I was told on these forums, the problem area.

I got the part from partsforsaab who say this is the only only listed for 9000's but it's different to the one I took off the car.

The one i was sent has two electric connectors on it, and the piston bit is very short.

The one I took off the car has one electric connector and what looks to be some sort of vacuum hose pipe connector. The piston bit is also a lot longer.

The car is a 9000 CSE '94

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Also, what is the vacuum bit for?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could well be. I'll have to go along to a saab dealer and see what they reckon.

does it seem odd to have a '93 cruise control system on an 'M' reg '94 car? '94 was the time the model changed wasn't it? Maybe this is a cross breed?... or a mongrel(sp?) even

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
you have not found the switch for the brake lights, you have found the cruise con switch on the brake pedal, the light switch is behind the glove box, with the box removed you can not miss the brake light switch as it stairs straight at you

·
Banned
637 Posts
uhhhh.. did they change from the previous Saab practice of Having the Brake switch as an on/off switch directly activated by Brake pedal movement??
There is a Brake switch activated by the brake pedal..just look for the one that's identical to the New Part in yr hand... keep looking :)
Ohhh.. be carefull, those 2 retaining tangs are V easy to break off... meaning a Bodge.. or another new switch.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, i'll have another look round the brake pedal area and see what i can find

maybe i missed it when i was trying to fold myself into a position to see the switches..... not easy when you are a lanky 6'4" :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
once again boxman seems to have the answer, removing the glove box gives easy access to the brake light switch. Bit tricky to take off but managed it and replaced it. All seems ok now.

Funnily enough my hazard lights are working again (they started working before i fiddled with the brake switch) which were next on the list to sort out... not many things on the list now....

head gasket is done
clutch, and slave is done

wheel balancing to do
cleaning to do
check cylinder head bolts after a few more miles.

now I can drive it properly, I am impressed. For once I have a nice comfortable car that is able to go a bit quick when required.

:D:cheesy::D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts