SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah...
I replaced the rear brake calipers on my '86 9000 turbo, and now the brake pedal is incredibley hard to press down. The brakes work OK (the car isn't running right now), but is there some adjustment I can make to make the pedal less tight? It has no give at all; as soon as I press my foot on the brake there is extremely firm resistance. Any idea what's going on? I'm fairly new to working on cars, and the calipers are the most advanced repair i've done yet. I'm just hoping that I didn't screw up the hydraulic system somehow.
thanks,
-Matt

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Do you notice more travel of the brake pedal than before? If so, you should bleed them again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
valbowski1980 said:
Do you notice more travel of the brake pedal than before? If so, you should bleed them again.
No, in fact the brake pedal doesn't move nearly as far as it used to. a few inches maybe.

I noticed that there is what appears to be a sensor & an adjustable bolt that the bar holding the brake pedal rests on... what does that control?

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
There's two items like the one you described, one is for the cruise control, the other for the brake light.

The way you describe your brake pedal behaviour is similar to what mine does, and always did since I had the car. I always liked this behaviour, since it allows me to better modulate the braking pressure, and always thought it was the way it was ment to be.
I'd guess you had some air in the system before doing the caliper job, now that you bleeded the system you solved the air problem and the pedal is the was is supposed to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts