SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ceramics are good pads, but the reason they dont make them for your 94 is because in 97 they upgraded the brake rotors and calipers. The 97 and up models have larger and more powerful braking components, which is why the pads only fit those years and above. If you go to tirerack you might be able to find ceramics for your 94. Best of luck!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Zaphod Beeblebrox said:
Also, the 97 models on have the wear warning light facility, which others do not.
Perhaps on the UK Saabs, but I'm pretty sure my US '97 does not have that. Or maybe I just didnt' get my pad surface get low enought (just changed with 1/8" pad left) to warrant a light coming on.

Which light indicates that the brake pads are low? Does it function simply on the premise that the brake fluid level is getting lower? Now I gotta pull the owner's manual out again...

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
EBC greenstuff are available for early 900 models, front and rear axle, I know I've had a set; do EBC have local a distributor that you may contact to check for availability.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Ah ha, if you look in the owner's manual towards the beginning where it describes all the indicators on the dash (maybe around page 8 or 9) under the one the brake fluid section it mentions that if the fluid light blinks it could indicate brake pads need replacement. I'll quote it later.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
That only works when Al Axlegrease is not allow to "top off the fluid levels"...And if Al is free to "top off", quite a mess occurs when new pads are installed..

BTDT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts