SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put new brakes on roughly a week ago... looked at my wheel yesterday and noticed one of the metal plates behind the brake pad on my front left side had came loose and was starting to wear into the rim :(

anyone had this happen before? i assume it's a faulty pad since this plate was already glued on there...

currently i just took the metal plate off and have been driving it since last night with out it on, wondering if i should email eeuroparts and get another..?

·
Registered
124 Posts
i put new brakes on roughly a week ago... looked at my wheel yesterday and noticed one of the metal plates behind the brake pad on my front left side had came loose and was starting to wear into the rim :(

anyone had this happen before? i assume it's a faulty pad since this plate was already glued on there...

currently i just took the metal plate off and have been driving it since last night with out it on, wondering if i should email eeuroparts and get another..?
That caliper retaining spring is intalled incorrectly should look like this

http://photo.platonoff.com/Auto/20070602.Saab_9-5_Front_Brakes/?i=20070602b.Rotor_screw.jpg

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
I think it will solve his problem, the retaining spring holds the pad tight against the outside of the caliper (the inside pad moves outward within the caliper and then the whole caliper (on the carrier) moves inward creating the effect of both pads clamping on the rotor). With the pad held tight against the caliper the shim plate will stay in place.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep took the wire out and put it back correctly.. now my brakes work great... the mechanic who i had bleed em (i thought that was a problem for a moment) said the master cylinder was leaking but i dont see any leak after days of inspection and this must of been the problem that he didnt even notice... kinda bummer he didnt notice since i told him i changed the brakes myself! eek, oh well, seems good now... now i just gotta wonder about that front bumper coming off since theres only so many spots left for it to screw into.. heh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts