SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Saab WIS service sheets for installing front and rear Calipers, Rotors, Pads and Parking Brake Shoes?

In addition, my rear Camber is off and I'd like to install shims while I'm doing the brake job. How do you go about measuring how far off the camber is with the rear wheels, do you have to take it in and have it put on a computer alignment machine? Thanks

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Brake pad changes, I'd assum rotors and calipers too, are straight forward. Unless you need torque specs.

You can't align the rear with the suspension in the air. Both camber and toe need adjusting together and depend on how old your rear trailing arm bushings are a shim will not be enough. The rear suspension is so soft you really need to have it aligned with wheels on the ground and a person in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Norm, Yes, I'm looking for Torque specs, types of caliper grease and loctite strength that Saab recommends.
As far as camber goes, I'm just trying to avoid inside tire wear at this point, can't afford to get into replacing all of the rear end bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts