SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just replaced my rear pads and rotors. Working brilliantly, however, I've notcied that my parking braking is sticking. When I release the parking brake the lever at the caliper is staying locked?? I am able to manually release it. Does the cable need to be replaced or just adjusted?

Also, not sure if this is related, but my park brake light has remained on. I've tried banging down on the park brake handle but it remaines on?? Faulty wiring?

Last, just after I finished replacing the brakes, my brake lights suddenly stopped working. I have tail lights, but no brake lights, not even the center light. I read some other threads that mentioned this problem was related to a faulty ground, but NONE of my brake lights work. I haven't had a chance to run through the usual, fuses, bulbs, etc. but was wondering if anyone had this problem.

Thanks

Oh and by the way, the Bentley Saab manuel is INCREDIBLE!!! Get it NOW!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
This sounds like some switches are either stuck or not reconnected properly. Track down the brake light switch and the parking brake switches (the Bentley will show you the way) and test them to see if they are working properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts