SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today when i stopped outside my house, turned the engine off and got out I noticed the brake lights were still on.

the fan was going at the front, but i thought it a bit odd that the brake lights stayed on. I pressed the brake pedal and they went off, but it was at the same time as the fan stopped so I'm not sure which actually turned them off.

anyone had this before.... or is this a SAAB thing?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Good news and Bad news. Your brakelight switch is dead. The Good news is it is only $14 to replace it and it is a job you can easily do yourself. Switch is on the brake pedal above the trim panel. Take off the panel with a flathead screwdriver, disconnect the power lead, pinch the ears on the switch and remove it. Insert new switch in the slot, push until you hear the ears click, plug in the wires. Replace the trim cover. Done.

It has happened to me twice. No big deal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:roll: another thing to sort out

i hope this is not the start of a whole list of things.

would the switch just die like that, or is there something that would have caused it to die?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine just died. Keep the reciept though, because the last one I put in died in a week, but Advance Auto Parts replaced it free because I had the receipt

·
Registered
290 Posts
Like anything else, just wear and tear... The new Saab ones and the aftermarket ones are not as good as the original factory part though, they feel lighter. But they work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts