SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any trick to getting the outside light unit ( where the brake bulb is) on a 99 wagon? I've taken off two little covers and the related bolts , and that has let the right side (talking drivers side light here) of the unit go, but it still feels like something is holding it on the left corner? Can't see what else I can do to release it, unless I have to take the storage unit (inside on the left corner) out ( don't even see how that comes out?) and get behind it to release something? Maybe just not pulling the light hard enough but hate to force things and end up breaking something.... any help?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, just went and tried it, no go, really seems like there is something holding it- what I can't believe is that there is nothing in the manual at all on this...also didn't find anything in a search here..... any other suggestions gratefully accepted....

thx

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, but afraid not, that's the access to the one on the inside of the wagon door, as opposed to the light unit in the corner of the body of the wagon..... stilll no luck....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooop, too quick to post, found something in that manual that was referenced in one of those posts that was not in my manual....may be the answer....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Success, , despite what one might think , you have to give that a pretty good tug sideways to get a couple of posts that go into holes in the corner to come out.... after that , it's piece of cake...

thanks for all the help with this....

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Well done and Kermit was again spot on with his very first post :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts