SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

2000 9-3 with 257K on it. Brake pedal started getting lazy on return and cruise control would kick off. Took it to a mechanic friend and he fixed a couple of small vacuum leaks. He said brake booster was bad. Got full turbo boost now, but brake pedal still lazy and now sticks in the down position when you lift foot off it. Drove it home lifting the pedal with the toe of my shoe.

I got a used booster off Ebay. Got the M/C off, but I am having problems getting to the bolts on the driver side bottom of both the booster and the mount at the firewall.

How do you remove the fuse box that sits next to it on the firewall? I need this off to get to those nuts.

Also, what is the trick set up for getting the clip off the pedal under the dash where the plunger shaft meets the pedal? It is really hard for me to see/work under there.

Any other tips or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kip

Edit: found this: http://www.thesaabsite.com/brake-booster-removal-saab-93.htm but still have both questions. I can't figure out how to get the fusebox out. Have the nut removed but is the bracket on the left just that little metal clip to the firewall? On the pedal, just try and grab the clip with needle nose? Tnx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts