SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Hoping someone can tell me where hose from the brake booster/ manifold junction terminates/ connects on a 1998 900se talledega? At the moment it finishes under the steering reservoir with a plastic connector. What should this connect to?
UPDATE: looks like it's heading to vacuum pump - now to find that and reconnect it . .. .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Automatic? Vacuum pump on the back end of the head. Standing in front of the car, its on the right hand side next to the intake pipe. It's driven by the exhaust camshaft. There's a vacuum port on the back side.

Or it could be to the boost pressure valve. Its hard to tell without seeing more engine bay.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
The camshaft mounted pump was a T7 thing. Some of the T5 engines had an electric vacuum pump, though. I think it's mounted on the firewall.

·
Registered
9-3 02 190K 900SE 98 90K
96 Posts
Hi all,
Hoping someone can tell me where hose from the brake booster/ manifold junction terminates/ connects on a 1998 900se talledega? At the moment it finishes under the steering reservoir with a plastic connector. What should this connect to?
UPDATE: looks like it's heading to vacuum pump - now to find that and reconnect it . .. .
where is the brake drum and fluid reservoir in this car? everything else is the same just curious?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts