SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jumpin' into the mod forum for the first time.

Anyone here have any suggestions for upgrading to Stainless Steel braided brakes lines for the earliest of the NG900 variants? Goodridge G-Stop lines only work for cars after R2017931, mine is well before that (R2014***) , it may have been one of the first to roll out for all I know; I've found things with a date of 7/93 for manufacture.

Any ideas? Do I have to go custom? Apparently, the difference is in the rear lines (I think)....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a fitment note in Goodridge's catalog, notes on Tire Rack's site and Import Replacement Parts' site.

Called the dealership that I get my OEM parts from (when I can't find it cheaper on the web, or can't find it at all) and they confirmed a split mid-production, and faxed me the page from the EPC.

BTW for you Wisconsin locals- Metropolitan Saab in West Allis is great for a parts dept!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alrighty thennn..... apparently, the rubber OEM/factory rear left line for before this VIN beak as discontinued, too. Great.

I'm going to have to stick my head in there to do the parking brake cables, so I haven't seen the condition of the original lines yet- but I really wanted to upgrade... Any ideas? Other than replace the hard lines for the back end of the car?

·
Registered
141 Posts
EPC shows a plethora of part numbers for 94-95 rear brake pipe, none of which seem to match 96-98. But the brake hose carries the same part number from 94-98 on the rears.

Article : Brake hose
PartNo : 4543427
Usage : LH
Ch. R2017931--

Article : Brake hose
PartNo : 4483285
Usage : RH
Ch. R2024559--

I've got Goodrich lines installed BTW - love em'. If you pm an email addy I;ll print PDFs of the EPC and fire them off to ya if it'll help.

Good Luck

Horace

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure, Horace, rub it in that the Goodridge lines work on your car!:cheesy:

Thanks, but I got all the EPC number info from Metropolitan when I picked my OEM hoses and coolant yesterday. They did the lookup to see if the lines were still available, that's how I know that they aren't.

Does the EPC actually show images, though, that show the physical differences (close ups) of the lines? Is it a difference in the unions? I wonder if a racing fabricator would build these hoses up without costing a mint, I thought Goodridge made all the raw materials available for this kind of thing....

Marc

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry, EPC has only one diagram for 94-98, happy to mail a copy to you.
Updating the hard lines and using stock Goodrich may be cheaper. I paid a whopping $28 for the front passenger side not too long ago.
Did you call Nick? If anyone knows for sure its probably him.

Good luck, post what you find.

Horace

·
Registered
556 Posts
There's a fitment note in Goodridge's catalog, notes on Tire Rack's site and Import Replacement Parts' site.

Called the dealership that I get my OEM parts from (when I can't find it cheaper on the web, or can't find it at all) and they confirmed a split mid-production, and faxed me the page from the EPC.

BTW for you Wisconsin locals- Metropolitan Saab in West Allis is great for a parts dept!
Doing my 900SE Turbo's brakes soon, thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL Turbo 900-

You're posting to 3.5 year old thread! Metropolitan is looong gone. Now I gotta go thru Concours to get parts locally- no discounts there.

If you are getting the braided lines, you might be able to get them thru Pegasus in New Berlin, as they are a Goodridge authorized dealer. Pegasus is awesome, I get my Redline Oil there. You should be good with the Goodridge Saab kit for your car, the kit fits the vast majority, just not mine.

Marc

·
Registered
556 Posts
LOL Turbo 900-

You're posting to 3.5 year old thread! Metropolitan is looong gone. Now I gotta go thru Concours to get parts locally- no discounts there.

If you are getting the braided lines, you might be able to get them thru Pegasus in New Berlin, as they are a Goodridge authorized dealer. Pegasus is awesome, I get my Redline Oil there. You should be good with the Goodridge Saab kit for your car, the kit fits the vast majority, just not mine.

Marc
Yeah I did notice that. My M3 has taken over the majority of my interests lately :cry:

The Saab is now a dedicated winter 'beater,' and on second thought, I think SS lines are a bit over kill. I think I'm going to order a set of rotors and pads from TheSaabSite; aftermarket brand for approx $130 for front and rear.

Your thoughts? Again, solely winter use here... I also think my thermostat is shot so I'm ordering one of those... Pentosin coolant and brake fluids... should be a decent refresh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts