SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it'd be fun to have a bragging thread of "other" cars that have been beaten in friendly races since "those" guys seem to think they're made of platinum on their forums. List mods and curb weight if known then list the cars you've beaten, and whether it was a street or highway win and give your 900 or 9-3 a chance to boast:

Around 3000 pounds with me in it, MBC @16PSI with T25, FMIC 2.5" thick, porting of stock piping, custom exhaust, etc..etc..

08-09 Golf GTi-Long straight rural street: Beaten
Mid 90's Jetta riced- Highway: Beaten
EVO IX- Highway: Beaten
EVO X- Street from a dig: Beaten
Late 90's Turbo Honda- Highway: Beaten
Handful of NA Hondas from 90's, MIX- Beaten
Mid 00's RSX BIG Turbo- Highway Lost He was spooling loud @ highway speeds when we slowed down side by side-Mid 11 sec car

Obviously not the fastest car out there nor the fastest I've owned, but fun to win and beat $30k cars with ego drivers nonetheless. The EVO X was today and he thought he was a shirt on a hot chick LOL. He just put his elbow on the door and palm in face after getting embarrassed by a dirty 9-3, seriously he was embarrassed! :cheesy:

·
Registered
349 Posts
i lost to my brothers 05 Grand Prix GTP but in my deffence, he is pushing 350+ to the crank and i have a stock 9-3.

·
Registered
834 Posts
10. SaabCentral cannot condone the promotion of any illegal activities through these forums (including speeding and driving above your local posted speed limits), any such posts will be locked or removed.

Saying that tho if you want to post that… there is a good area to do so on the saablink forum. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
i lost to my brothers 05 Grand Prix GTP but in my deffence, he is pushing 350+ to the crank and i have a stock 9-3.

ha ha, i have both cars myself. waiting on a trans rebuild for the grand prix, its probably around 300-310 crank hp. im wondering how the little saab will keep up.

i got a stock 900t and im lookin to run my buddies 08 vw rabbit (on a closed course ;)) here soon to see how it does stock.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i never raced my 9-3 yet because i only drive to work and back but when my wife had a stock 2.3T 9-5 waggon, i beat various hondas and hahaha a kia optima, no suprise there, but that guy got his feelings hurt cause he was trying to show off for his friends and w/e a station wagon blew his doors off :cheesy:

·
Registered
18,944 Posts
10. SaabCentral cannot condone the promotion of any illegal activities through these forums (including speeding and driving above your local posted speed limits), any such posts will be locked or removed.

Saying that tho if you want to post that… there is a good area to do so on the saablink forum. ;)
I don't see anywhere that Pontius indicated that he exceeded any posted speed limit or engaged in any illegal activity.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Every where I go I get people wanting to race me. My number plates on my car are QIK 900.

They all get me in first gear. But second and third gear, I eat them.

They all seem quite surprised :p.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Obviously not the fastest car out there nor the fastest I've owned, but fun to win and beat $30k cars with ego drivers nonetheless. The EVO X was today and he thought he was a shirt on a hot chick LOL. He just put his elbow on the door and palm in face after getting embarrassed by a dirty 9-3, seriously he was embarrassed! :cheesy:
Our cars are also $30k cars, new.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess the evo drivers couldn't drive for ****?
I'm kind of taking offense to that 37, but I think you're known for trolling here and saablink...The EVO XI tried but he wasn't as fast and we took it fairly far and he couldn't pass me. The EVO X had a vanity plate "EVO X" :lol: and trust me he did try and was trying to show off as those and WRX guys seem to have egos. Hhis car was VERY clean, he had weight transfer and tire smoke when he jumped on it the 2nd time from a stop. We were making a left from a stop at a stop light so we were both in 2nd after the turn and I was like glue to him. (His car took the turn better than mine though as my suspension needs work) He tried 2 times to pull away but it wasn't happening. I never got above 3rd gear either time. Just goes to show how important a smaller exhaust turbine wheel is for street performance ;ol;

Add a newer Kia to the mix but I should of just ignored him. Guessing it was a non-turbo. Let him get a car length in front of me (he thought he had me :lol:) then I mashed in 2nd and slingshotted past him ;ol;

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just to clarify so as to avoid the wrath of the mods, "Street" and "Highway" were used to distinguish the different beatings as big turbo guys are usually gonna say they beat someone at highway speeds.

I like "street" beatings more as it gives the 9-3 a chance to prove itself and others wrong ;ol; Oh, still have all stock suspension and steering clamps :cheesy: so it can be a competitive straight-line car with minimal work, keeping the steering wheel straight on uneven roads is another story ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
when i comes to evos have a look at the episode of top gear where they did a pull in fourth gear on a roll against a fiat bravo?? the evo didn't even come on boost and it was the fq400 with a big turbo

·
Registered
244 Posts
stage 1 apr 2012 gti 20mph roll- beaten

2012 kia optama the turbo one 20 mph roll- beaten

2007 mustang gt full exhaust- lost

2011 hyundai genesis 3.8 from a 50 mph- dead even

1999 civic ( with a lot of stickers to make it go faster lol)- beaten

2010 civic si cold air intake and cat back exhaust 20 mph- beaten

jetta gli -beaten

2004 bmw 325i intake exhaust no seats 50 shot of noz - lost

and this is all with a stage one viggen no other mods ;ol;

·
Registered
606 Posts
99 honda integra b20 swap, full 2.5 exhaust, cold air, tune-beaten

87 300zx turbo full exhaust and intake-dead even

fully built evo ix-lost lol

various hondas- beaten

mk5 jetta 2.0t full exhaust with intake-beaten

1999 saab 9-3 base with a mbc, no cat. -my car :)

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I'm kind of taking offense to that 37, but I think you're known for trolling here and saablink...The EVO XI tried but he wasn't as fast and we took it fairly far and he couldn't pass me. The EVO X had a vanity plate "EVO X" :lol: and trust me he did try and was trying to show off as those and WRX guys seem to have egos. Hhis car was VERY clean, he had weight transfer and tire smoke when he jumped on it the 2nd time from a stop. We were making a left from a stop at a stop light so we were both in 2nd after the turn and I was like glue to him. (His car took the turn better than mine though as my suspension needs work) He tried 2 times to pull away but it wasn't happening. I never got above 3rd gear either time. Just goes to show how important a smaller exhaust turbine wheel is for street performance ;ol;
im not trolling lol. ive owned 7 saabs and currently have a track toy evo 9. with basic bolt ons and a tune on low boost it does 350whp/330wtq with full boost by 3300 in 3rd gear and 3600 in 4th. see how it doesnt quote stack up to be beaten by a t25 car on 16psi? hence why i said he probably doesnt know how to drive his car.

when i comes to evos have a look at the episode of top gear where they did a pull in fourth gear on a roll against a fiat bravo?? the evo didn't even come on boost and it was the fq400 with a big turbo
yes, but watch the test of the regular 9. the fq400 has a special DBB garret turbo.

my old homebuilt honda kept up with my viggen and my evo smoked my viggen on a 3rd gear roll. just sayin.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts