SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm getting all the symptoms everyone else says they have, fluttering all the time and everytime I put down power it feels like there's so much air in the turbo it can't use it all lol

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I'm getting all the symptoms everyone else says they have, fluttering all the time and everytime I put down power it feels like there's so much air in the turbo it can't use it all lol
That's the thing I hate the most, that fluttering! It sounds like gurgling to me, like it's using mouthwash or it has bronchitis. Lol..

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Check the valve solenoids, mine were worn out and after changing them, no more sounding like an asthmatic 100 year-old.
The valve solenoids? My car only has 17,000 miles on it, I don't think they'd be worn out yet. Whatever they are. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
The valve solenoids? My car only has 17,000 miles on it, I don't think they'd be worn out yet. Whatever they are. Lol.
From its inception, Saab's proprietary turbo control system, first known as Automatic Performance Control (APC), used a solenoid valve to control the flow of vacuum and pressurized air. It looked like this:
Beginning with Trionic, in T-5 it was renamed the Boost Pressure Control solenoid (BPC) and looked like this:

It retained the same nomenclature in T-7 but looked a little different:

Now with T-8, we have one in-line with the turbo that looks like this:

as well as the intercooler pressure sensor that looks like this:

·
Registered
198 Posts
mbc 2.0T

Ok only had the car a week. But coming from Volvo that the low range really is bad. Severe turbo lag. If I put a mbc on the saab will I get rid of the turbo lag? Not looking for ecu upgrade at this point ..just looking to get rid of the low end turbo lag

·
Super Moderator
9,276 Posts
Ok only had the car a week. But coming from Volvo that the low range really is bad. Severe turbo lag. If I put a mbc on the saab will I get rid of the turbo lag? Not looking for ecu upgrade at this point ..just looking to get rid of the low end turbo lag
you can't put an MBC on your car. period. You will royally screw up the engine management system.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I asked about the mbc because I put it on my s70 because I had issues and it ended up clogged cat.. replaced it and Left it on and no issues.
I do have a tune on my 850 that put it to 280hp.
So on the saab which is stock at 210 right now and get a tune. What would the hp be at?
how much would it be? Who are the tuners in the Toronto area?

·
Super Moderator
9,276 Posts
I asked about the mbc because I put it on my s70 because I had issues and it ended up clogged cat.. replaced it and Left it on and no issues.
I do have a tune on my 850 that put it to 280hp.
So on the saab which is stock at 210 right now and get a tune. What would the hp be at?
how much would it be? Who are the tuners in the Toronto area?
Google search:

JZW tuning
BCB tuning

They both list power stats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts