SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forum and can't find an answer to my question!

I have a 95' 900t t5 and i want a now BOV but i dont know the difference between a single piston and a dual piston BOV!

Could anyone inform me of the differences (something to do with an airflow meter?), and what type i need for my motor?

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
You have a 900 so you can use any type and dump to atmosphere valve as you see fit. As I understand things the twin piston keeps shut when not required and helps prevent foreign object intake at idle.

·
Registered
771 Posts
ragtopcav said:
You have a 900 so you can use any type and dump to atmosphere valve as you see fit. As I understand things the twin piston keeps shut when not required and helps prevent foreign object intake at idle.

if your just looking for the sound, than take the silencer off, and plug the hole on the intake, and it will be nice and loud lol

other than that theres not reason to switch to a forged bypass, or aftermarket bov unless your running alot of boost

i have a forged on mine, but i got a good deal on it (50 bucks) and my stock one was broken anyways

also a bov might require it to be welded on to your intake piping, all depends on which type it is

i know alot of ppl like the super sequential bov

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a mbc on and the original recerc/diverter valve is blowing under full boosts thats why i need a new valve. its only running under the fuel cut so i gues i dont need a high pressure valve.

Cheers guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts