SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think a few on here have done it. I personally wouldn't bother though I think it makes you sound like a ricer and it gets annoying hearing it everytime you let off the throttle, besides the bypass valve helps keep the turbo spooling a little bit when shifting.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'd kill for a BOV... I'd drop huge money on one that sounded good.

That is once I get a turbo ;oops:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I have one on my 86, and it's tons of fun. Ricey my A**.

BOV's are a riot, and I don't care who says what.

Anyway, if you have a 1987, you have a Bosch L.H. 2.2 fuel system, and you can run one without fear of the car stalling...if you dont do anything stupid.

I have been running a TurboXS RFL for over a year with no problems. Before you add this, your car MUST BE IN GOOD RUNNING SHAPE, AND HAVE NO ISSUES.

Ok, here are some videos.

Now use the search.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yes it is true... and for the most part you can use a BOV on a LH 2.2 Car, but with higher boost pressures and bigger turbos you may (I certainly did) experience some problems, like uber rich fueling and bad spooling after shifting.....

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
B5S- IRC, you had a BPV (not BOV) hooked up ( er, unhooked i think) in a way that it acted like a quasi-BOV? Like a plug in the intake hose right off the turbo, and the BPV venting to the atmosphere.... or something like that?

·
Registered
326 Posts
On my '90 car it can stall pretty easily. But that could be because of the cheap Ebay knock off, the springs are really light and the Bov opens even at low rpms.

·
Registered
181 Posts
dlb said:
I think it makes you sound like a ricer and it gets annoying hearing it everytime you let off the throttle
It's true - I put one on and reverted to a recirculating type because my passenger kept saying 'bless you' each time I changed gear...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet! i have always want a turbo car with a BOV. Sunday i am getting a 87 900 SPG with lots of parts for free!

·
Registered
801 Posts
DanF. said:
B5S- IRC, you had a BPV (not BOV) hooked up ( er, unhooked i think) in a way that it acted like a quasi-BOV? Like a plug in the intake hose right off the turbo, and the BPV venting to the atmosphere.... or something like that?
I've had re-circ and have that now...I had a stock valve with a check valve on the outlet, and I had a BLITZ BOV (which sounded awesome, and gave me all sorts of looks) I had NO idling issues but I did have stalling issues and spooling issues , and fueling issue with every setup I tried that vented to the atmosphere....if and when I get standalone setup i will likely get a BOV, but until then....:nono;

·
Registered
801 Posts
DanF. said:
You're running LH 2.2 right?
Correct-o-mundo....senor..... and with a BIG Turbo and a RRFPR, I found that with a BOV, it would go something like this, ease into boost=all good, BUT Drive hard, SHIFT, blow off, dump tons of air, fuel already metered, rich state, punch it again, boost starts to rise, fuel pressure rises quickly, SUPER RICH, Bogs down, can't get full spool and car wouldn't accelerate

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
slaite

note to self. no BOV, but get that bigger turbo. ha. 3rd gear in my car is rediculous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts