SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just sent my ecu off to GS to get stage one tune and was wondering if the stock BOV will hold the pressure or do I need to get a new one?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
You really only need to upgrade if your stock one is making a honking sound under pressure. Otherwise it should be alright, especially if just stage 1

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe it will be 15 psi but I don't recall where I read that at. I guess ill just have to wait and see. Thanks guys

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I've seen 16.5 (17 before minor mods+ FMIC) and the factory T5 one worked fine. Pretty sure it's somewhere in the mid 20's when they need replaced/upgraded, but don't quote me. Think the T7's have a better spring, but I'm not positive and haven't tested a spare one I picked up yet.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I believe it will be 15 psi but I don't recall where I read that at. I guess ill just have to wait and see. Thanks guys
Yeah just wait and see how it goes. It really just depends on if it holds up to what you throw at it. You can pick up a Forge unit for pretty cheap, used. I bought mine used 6 years ago and it handles whatever I throw at it. The whoosh sound is always a nice addition, of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts