SaabCentral Forums banner

801 - 813 of 813 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Admittedly no but did have it checked out by my mechanic it is a little rich but it's negligible at best but I'm also running an ssqv so if it does become a problem I can set it up to recirc

I swapped mine though because it was leaking otherwise I would have left it stock

·
Registered
46 Posts
Paco, you are the man! I am new to the Saab scene, and I installed my Synapse Synchronic without any problems, thanks to your tutorial. I just purchased my FMIC, so I will again be using you DIY for further assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok so let me get this right if i get a block off plate i dont need to mess with any lines by the turbo just the top barb of the solenoid by the throttle body and connect that to the bov right??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok so let me get this right if i get a block off plate i dont need to mess with any lines by the turbo just the top barb of the solenoid by the throttle body and connect that to the bov right??
If you get a block off plate, you will be removing the signal line connected to the old bypass valve on the turbo compressor housing, and connecting it to the new atmospheric valve. It it also possible to eliminate the 3-way solenoid valve at the other end (next to the throttle body) which is only there to stop bypass valve "hooting," and simply connect a signal line from your atmospheric valve straight to the intake manifold nipple after the throttle body. However, this is different from Paco's set up, which uses the the bypass valve to recirculate at least some of the metered air and avoid running too rich on lift and throwing a code.

I've never bothered with atmospheric valves because I'm an grouchy old man, but I doubt you'll have a problem. It's easy enough to try it both ways and you won't hurt anything.

·
Super Moderator
9,276 Posts
Hey paco can I get a better pik of where u put the t and what did u put on the other end of the 2
Paco's last post was almost 1 year ago, I don't think you'll be hearing from him, but who knows.

Personal opinion, stay with the stock setup. If you're looking for sound get an intake, it's PLENTY loud.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Whew two days of reading finally got me to the end of this thread. Looks like this setup totally works on '03s and V6s. Has anybody had any success with a BOV (recirculating or venting to atmos) on a later model 2.0T, i.e. 2007?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whew two days of reading finally got me to the end of this thread. Looks like this setup totally works on '03s and V6s. Has anybody had any success with a BOV (recirculating or venting to atmos) on a later model 2.0T, i.e. 2007?
I am waiting for this also. Yes there is a lot of people who say dont do it, but Its personal choice.
I am currently trying to source a BOV Pipe already made so i dont have to cut and can put back to Stock if i Dont like the Sound.

Currently Searching GM sites as use same engine and set up around 2007.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am waiting for this also. Yes there is a lot of people who say dont do it, but Its personal choice.
I am currently trying to source a BOV Pipe already made so i dont have to cut and can put back to Stock if i Dont like the Sound.

Currently Searching GM sites as use same engine and set up around 2007.
Cool to see I'm not alone. I think the main obstacle is the Saab T8 management system. According to most people if you make the BOV feed back into your system you'll be fine.

I'm thinking about trying what Jn2 did (with the cheap ebay knockoff), except mounted closer to the manifold like paco did, and recirculating.

Also might pick up one of these to bring it back to stock if things go bad:
http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/VIB12050.htm

801 - 813 of 813 Posts