SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard that hks ssqv b.o.v can fit an 07 aero but i want to confirm with someone on here before i go buy it. has anyone heard of it fitting?

·
Registered
615 Posts
jonmike said:
ive heard that hks ssqv b.o.v can fit an 07 aero but i want to confirm with someone on here before i go buy it. has anyone heard of it fitting?
The car uses a recirculating Bypass valve. If you replace it with a BOV, it will throw a check engine light, and go into limp-home mode (no power). I think the only way around it is to swap out the turbo.
If you want some more sound out of your engine, get an open air intake.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just do a search on here, there is a guy i think he's in Turkey. But he got his HKS to work on his 2.8T with no problem and he also has a video of it and picture's with a how to written next to them.
jonmike said:

·
Registered
287 Posts
How much different can it be i get my car serviced at a German dealer ship here and i would say the only difference is the speed limiter settings on the ecu. I hadn the Row for my car when i first got it. The only thing they could'nt do was change the speed unless i got Hirsch installed.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
BOV's make noise, but hurt performance compared to bypass valves.

Two main problems with BOV's:
1) Venting metered air causes a temporary rich condition. The rich mixture can cause misfires under load. This is undesirable, and the likely cause of CEL's.

2) Venting air means the turbo is doing work to push air out of the intake. This "wasted energy" causes slowing of the turbo. So the turbo isn't spinning as quickly when you get back on the gas. Slower turbo also means increased exhaust backpressure. Recirculating the air prevents this from happening.

·
Registered
317 Posts
ctrlz said:
BOV's make noise, but hurt performance compared to bypass valves.

Two main problems with BOV's:
1) Venting metered air causes a temporary rich condition. The rich mixture can cause misfires under load. This is undesirable, and the likely cause of CEL's.

2) Venting air means the turbo is doing work to push air out of the intake. This "wasted energy" causes slowing of the turbo. So the turbo isn't spinning as quickly when you get back on the gas. Slower turbo also means increased exhaust backpressure. Recirculating the air prevents this from happening.
But it makes that awesome pssshhh sound. :roll:

·
Registered
39 Posts
To the thread starter, if you want to be able to hear your turbo just get an intake. I just installed mine about a month ago and it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
johnnyrocket said:
But it makes that awesome pssshhh sound. :roll:
Exactly.

You already have a relay that closes when the clutch is depressed. The purpose is to signal the cruise control. But you could use that same relay to trigger an underhood audio system to play an .mp3 of any sound you want. You could have the most awesome sounding BOV in town! You could even get fancy and have it play from a set of sound bites at random.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts