SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shopping for sparkplug wires,I priced Bougicord wires at $59.95 vs Bosch at $29.95.Question is,would there be any advantage with the bougicords in a easily driven well maintained 92 C900 NA with an autobox,or is it just throwing away $$?:confused:

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Bougicord hands down.

On the up side, a set of Bougicord wires can last you 6-8 years quite easily.

Bosch makes some shoddy low grade stuff, sometimes you can't tell what you're getting with them, IMO. :roll:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt88S said:
Bougicord hands down.

On the up side, a set of Bougicord wires can last you 6-8 years quite easily.

Bosch makes some shoddy low grade stuff, sometimes you can't tell what you're getting with them, IMO. :roll:
Thanks Matt.That's the direction I was leaning,I just wanted to get some input.BTW I got the auto tranny all shipshape now.Did the brakeband adjustment,set the pressure at 65PSI(70 was just a little harsh).She's shifting perfectly now at all three speeds :D .Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
SaabMon said:
Thanks Matt.That's the direction I was leaning,I just wanted to get some input.BTW I got the auto tranny all shipshape now.Did the brakeband adjustment,set the pressure at 65PSI(70 was just a little harsh).She's shifting perfectly now at all three speeds :D .Thanks for your help.
Sweet. :cool: Glad to hear it. :D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jokke A said:
Oh come on. With $20 difference in price, go with the Bosch. Bougicord is good brand for Saab, but its not $20-great.
It's $30.00 difference in price.Thats twice as much!!!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I dont replace wires unless I have to. Bougees last a very long time. The 88 spg I pound the snot out of on an almost everyday routine does not seem to care at all about the no-name wires that were on the car when I bought it,so I left it alone.( just lucky?),nor does it give me any grief about the Bosch platinum spark plugs that were also there when I got the car (I always used ngk plugs on all of my Saabs, but this car runs so well I decided to leave them ) they are gapped perfectly and are clean, so why change them? If it aint broke ,dont fix it.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I know I'll get flamed, but I'm running Magnecor KV85 leads in my 81 81 turbo and 89 16V non-turbo cars. No problems at all.

Yes I know they're not Bougicord leads, but I wanted to try out the genuine Magnecor leads.

Craig.

·
Premium Member
11,587 Posts
3) Use NGK plugs :)

Magnecor seem to be a credible alternative. No advantage over bougie's except they're available for the 99 which the bougie's aren't.

Probably less of a difference between bougie and bosch on an NA car than a turbo.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Don't know about you guys, but my Bougi's smelled quite good when I took them out of the box. I could not say the same for Bosch.

Coincidence? I think not.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
If your secondary ignition circuit is in perfect health, just about any new lead will be fine. I would recommend the Bougis, but then again I've been running the Bosch without any issue or even inspection for a year and a half.

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
c900 said:
I know I'll get flamed, but I'm running Magnecor KV85 leads in my 81 81 turbo and 89 16V non-turbo cars. No problems at all.
No flaming required :D

I ran KV85 Magnecors on my T16 with only one problem: the king lead rubbed a bit on the radiator hose causing a miss-fire. Some plastic spiral-wrap solved that problem.

In my experience, Magnecors are fine but fragile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts