SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a Sirius Onyx Kit for my 03 9-3 and the Cigarette Lighter Power Supply that come with the kit isn't wanting to work in my car. So I tried it in my Dad's F150 and it works fine, so I tried it in the car again and nothing. What gives? Anyone have Sirius Radio?

·
Registered
501 Posts
I bought a USB adapter that didnt work with my car but worked in others... seems the Saab has a step in the lighter that places the center (+) contact further back in the lighter outlet.... i soldered on the end of an old glass buss fuse and it works like a champ now!

In addition for my Sirius which I didnt want taking up my cigarette lighter I soldered a wire to the tip (+) and a wire to the tab on the side (-) and hard wired them to the car so I didnt have to see the wiring!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So did you wire the power to the back of your cig lighter or to a fuse? Sorry its early and im not quite awake..

·
Registered
814 Posts
Never had a problem with the cigarette outlet in the front, just the one in the
Center arm rest, bought a plug in 2 outlet and USB outlets, works fine for XM
And recharging phones, iPads, etc
Would not work with XM plug alone.
My gamin is plugged into front one and works fine.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The plug that came with your radio will not work in a saab. This happens a lot with some euro brands. My phone plugs (LG) wont work either. I cut and the plug aff and attached some old motorola plugs to the LG wire and it now works. So if you have an old phone charger plug that did work swap that on on the XM plug. This was on my 9 5. I did buy another plug with 2 outlets because that plug will work. That is your quick solution

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the XM working, but I took out the radio, unplugged it plug and plugged it back up and now it won't turn on. Am I going to have to get it reactivated via Tech2?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts