SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...

Unfortunately, my husband is out of town and I need to replace my ignition coil pac... from what I have read this is also called the DI Cas.?>

I bought a set b/c someone suggested it is wise to have a backup...

The fault code at three (yes, I went to three auto shops to be sure) said it was the No. 1 coil pac...

Does anyone know if the front or the back one is the 'No. 1' pack???

I would like to switch it out while it is sunny here... if you can get back to me quickly that would be most appreciated...

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Not 100% sure but i suspect no.1 is the front DI. You won't harm the engine if it is the other bank, you will still have the fault code and presumably bad running. If it is the front bank then the fault code should go out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update

Thanks! The new DI is in... it seems as though the front one is No. 1/primary as all symptoms have subsided...

Although, I live in a fairly traditional midwest neighborhood...
I fear my husband's manliness may have been compromised as two of our male neighbors saw the 'MRS.' under the hood with tools :)

I am stoked and would like to get a service manual for my car, I can't find a chilton/haynes...etc... would the dealer sell one?

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Milwaukee95 said:
I am stoked and would like to get a service manual for my car, I can't find a chilton/haynes...etc... would the dealer sell one?
The only place that has it is the British market, but it doesn't cover the V6 models, only the 4 cylinders. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts