SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,880 Posts
That's just how turbo works...you can reduce turbo lag with an intake, downpipe, and exhaust, and possibly a bypass valve (from what I've read on here)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
dvda said:
I have found that the 9-5 is more top end...how can I pick it up off the line?
You think the base model is bad, you should try an Aero. :p It isn't rocking and rolling til about 2500 rpms, but no matter how much power you have you're not gonna get off the line faster. My car just shreds the front tires when I try to go fast, this is the plight of a FWD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
Raven18940 said:
You think the base model is bad, you should try an Aero. :p
You think the Aero is bad, you should try a 285 bhp Xtreme 9-5, the wheels actually move inside the tyres :cheesy:
 
G

·
Raven18940 said:
but no matter how much power you have you're not gonna get off the line faster. My car just shreds the front tires when I try to go fast, this is the plight of a FWD.
I only sort of agree with you, :confused: I have shortened my final drive by approx 11%, changed to a hybrid turbo that spools up way quicker than the TD04 but with slightly less power, added in a LSD and I can now shift a 0-60 mph in under 6 seconds. I recon thats pretty awsome for a front driver that is over 1500kg :cheesy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
G

·
Chris 9-5 said:
When :eek:

Write up please :p
Ha Ha, snuck it in when no one was looking. Its a long convoluted story, but all sorted now. The change in final drive has made the biggest difference :D The standard drive is 4.05:1 now its 4.45:1 (Or so I am told). In all the car runs at fractionaly higher revs than before to maintain the same speed. But this does make throttle response quicker. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,534 Posts
Finn said:
Ha Ha, snuck it in when no one was looking. Its a long convoluted story, but all sorted now. The change in final drive has made the biggest difference :D The standard drive is 4.05:1 now its 4.45:1 (Or so I am told). In all the car runs at fractionaly higher revs than before to maintain the same speed. But this does make throttle response quicker. :D
More business for Abbott's then.....;)
 
G

·
Yup, I did find somewhere else that might do the job, but I would still have had to get the quiafe and the drive from them. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,534 Posts
Finn said:
Yup, I did find somewhere else that might do the job, but I would still have had to get the quiafe and the drive from them. :(
That Quaife diff is the one item I really miss from my old 9000 Aero....:cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
Finn said:
Ha Ha, snuck it in when no one was looking.
A £800 upgrade and you "snuck it in" :eek:

You know the rules we want a write up and pictures and stories of what difference it makes and the service provided by the upgraders etc etc etc ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,211 Posts
xalfa said:
Maybe Finn was planning on drag racing with you Chris.


Maybe money would've been involved ..... ;)
Ah but I'd use the drag car for that race ;)

 
G

·
Man look at the front tyres on that puppy, as sticky as a sticky thing or what!! :eek: I wanna set please........



Chris 9-5 said:
A £800 upgrade and you "snuck it in" :eek:
You know the rules we want a write up and pictures and stories of what difference it makes and the service provided by the upgraders etc etc etc ;)

£800 and some and some more, oh got the fly wheel skimmed too.

MMMmmmmm, ive kept this one under my hat... Its made a massive difference to the car. I wish it had been possible to fit each mod individualy rather than all together.. To be able to see which bit made the most difference. Sorry no piccies on this one. The service I got from the upgraders turned out most satisfactorily in the end. ;)

I dont like standing starts, never really been my thing. However once the clutch is out, game on. The car fires up with blistering speed. Driving around the twisty country roads heal and toeing between 2nd and 3rd gears is just bloody fantastic...... What can I say, the feel of the engine has changed once again.. The sound is different as I am running with the revs a little higher than before, you just have to be careful particularly in 2nd and 3rd as you are on the rev limiter in a flash. Have to be a little careful as I have raised the limit to 6750.. The really great thing if you are driving full on is that you totaly forget that you are in an estate car. It feels like something small and very fast.. :D


Down Side, it shows up the weekness of awful seats, even the aero leather doesnt support that much. I can get my drivers seat custom fitted for £600 but thats way too much cash..:cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Ah but I'd use the drag car for that race ;)

Why does a FWD need wheelie bars? That seems overkill....otherwise that car is wicked!
 
G

·
ed1le said:
Why does a FWD need wheelie bars? That seems overkill....otherwise that car is wicked!
They are to stop the front wheels loosing traction when it starts to lift from the torque. :cool:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top