SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading around the various stereo threads and see this type of speaker mentioned alot. I was wondering what you guys thoght and if I should go ahead and pull the trigger. Thanks

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
If the sound bothers you, the replace the speakers. S35 is popular, but I'm sure there are many others that would sound better than stock.

Are you debating going with the Bostons specifically, or whether it's worth replacing the stock speaker at all?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Iw as looking for others oppinions of their stock speaker replacements. I picked the boston's because I had looked at them and they looked nice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Boston S35's

CaptinFocker said:
Iw as looking for others oppinions of their stock speaker replacements. I picked the boston's because I had looked at them and they looked nice.
You shouldnt be worried about what they look like as you cant see them under the grill unless you shine a torch thru the windscreen!

I bought them as they were proven to fit in the small dash space & they are certainly sweet sounding compared to the stock single paper cone Pioneer speakers that Saab choose to fit.
Couple these with a pair of Boston Acoutics 6X9's & the midrange & top end never sound so sweet! All I have to do now is unplug the 6 1/2inch front door speakers & substitute a nice proper sub & add a couple of meaty amplifiers & I am set..

All it takes is time & a lot of money (the Focal amps I am looking at arent cheap)

Cheers Teddy :)

PS I managed to talk my friend into building me a sub box for my 8inch Focal sub that I bought, turns out he used to woodwork for a living so guess he knows what he is doing. I also found out that the sub I bought was designed not for a rear parcel shelf but for a sealed box with a 12-20 litre enclosure size. There goes some of the boot space!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts