SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey can a bosch valve also delay throttle response and make the car feel sluggish when trying to accelerate? and when its old does it sound like air is coming out or something? because i checked spark plugs which are good , and also fuel pump just been replaced.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
If the diaphram splits it can "hoot" like blowing accross the top of an empty bottle, other than that they just work........

Have you cleaned the throttle body?

Did you look at or change the plugs? How old are they?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cleaned the throttle body about a week ago and spark plugs havent replaced them since ive had the car.Ive had the car for 1 1/2 years.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Plugs are cheap might be worth doing ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea ill give that a try this weekend. Its just i hate how it just feels like it has no power when i accelerate it feels so sluggish and lazy.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
No warning lights?

Decent fuel in there?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no check engine light , i also plugged in the snapon ethos just to make sure and nothing came up and i always use shell's vpower aka 93

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Stop worrying about everything else that could be causing the car to feel like that for now. just get the plugs changed, and if that doesn't work- then you can start worrying :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Stop worrying about everything else that could be causing the car to feel like that for now. just get the plugs changed, and if that doesn't work- then you can start worrying :cheesy:

Nice post :p

Actually very good advice too, start with the basiscs, the cheap bits ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
quick question, my valve does hoot, only at a certain rpm and throttle position, then it goes away. Diaphragm split?

Yep, and its leaking boost when it hoots :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts