SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm changing the normal bosch plastic valve to a nice shiny crome one got the silicone hoses clips etc wondered before i swap them over exactly how do i connect the pipe which is the longest to the left in the engine bay i've currently got a steel pipe connected and i fits directly into another steel pipe which the maf is on is there a fitting i need to purchase which i connect to this pipe which the silicone hose will then join to hope someone can help.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
No extra parts are required, assuming you are talking about the Forge Motorsport valve. The Forge valve fits in exactly the same way as the Bosch valve. It is literally a 3 or 4 minute job.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
i'm changing the normal bosch plastic valve to a nice shiny crome one got the silicone hoses clips etc wondered before i swap them over exactly how do i connect the pipe which is the longest to the left in the engine bay i've currently got a steel pipe connected and i fits directly into another steel pipe which the maf is on is there a fitting i need to purchase which i connect to this pipe which the silicone hose will then join to hope someone can help.
No extra parts are required, assuming you are talking about the Forge Motorsport valve. The Forge valve fits in exactly the same way as the Bosch valve. It is literally a 3 or 4 minute job.
Sounds like you boght the wrong type of vavle , you need a recirculating valvl you can't use a blow-off on our cars ( one without that a connectionf for that pipe)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bosch valve

ive bought the correct part its a recirculating valve the pipe to the left looks as though it needs some sort of fitting theres a small nut to the side of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bosch bypass valve

hello martin no i didnt mean that the steel delivery pipe on the left goes into another pipe which the maf is situated i didnt want to remove the pipe as i wondered if i needed a fitting to go into the new silicone hose also the recirculating valve its open at the one end but is closed at the other but with some force you can push it in is this correct i havent got to drill any holes have i or is it made like this? thanks dan

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Both steel pipes should have a rubber hose to connect to valve in.
Can you post up a picture ?

where are you in newport dan?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts