SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new motor for one of my wipers. They come in at £16.50 each from the supplier on Bill J's site, plus delivery and VAT.

However, orders less than £50 are subject to a £20 surcharge. :eek:

I think my parents cars need at least one new motor, but does anyone here need one?

I'd happily pay for the order and then redispatch them, with P&P at cost, if anyone's interested.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, look at this page.

·
Banned
637 Posts
On the other hand the Headlight Wipers, beyond being an interesting affectation are essentially useless, Unless one routinely drives unpaved roads in the rain at night.
Unplug them both and save the bother and expense.
No One will know they are non functional.. nor care :)
Just a thought.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.. I thought about that. Maybe it's just where I live, and the fact that I don't wash my car often enough, but I find that the headlights get dirty really fast at certain times of year, and that the illumination falls off very quickly. That and the fact if I drive at night, its mostly on lanes or small roads, with no streetlighting and often no white lines. I'd go so far as to say I find them a necessity.

But I was looking at modern cars, and none of them seem to have headlight wipers. What's that about?

I've seen some cars which have a high pressure jet instead, but I don't know how effective that is.

What do the 9-3 and the 9-5 have, if anything?

R

·
0 Posts
I have to admit, I find them essential - so much so that I won't buy a car without Headlamp wash/wipe. Particularly useful when the roads are salted, as I found out earlier this year!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed .. that salty road grime you get from main roads in winter is terrible stuff!

·
Banned
637 Posts
Interesting.. All 3 of my Saabs have Wipers and all work :)
But I'm surprised that you get Salty Slush, in Dorset!?
This isn't the Arctic is it? or is it just overzealous snivel servants justifying their budgets/ existence?
New cars like my Acura have no light wipers and don't seem to need them in my experiences, seems the Aero design lets the slipstream do the cleaning.. sans Mech Gizmos to build, install or waranty.. quite clever actually.
There may be reason that some marques are virtually extinct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts