SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Lloyd, I always love seeing that extra window. In the last pic there seems to be a dust cloud rising from the group of trees behind your flat nose. Any idea what caused it?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, the originals are bigger than this, these are re-sized to 60% ;) Hmm I cant seem to see what your talking about, it was really windy though so it was probably just the wind :confused:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:lol: a mob of Wallaroos, haha! I will try to get a photo of my car in an apropiatly Australian theme then some time in the not to distant future :lol:

·
Registered
992 Posts
I know it's hard to do. The last time I tried to get some indigenous animals in NYC I just could not get the group of crack dealers to stand still long enough so I could take the shot. Only kidding I have never really seen one myself, that I know of that is.;)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heh you live in New York and youve never seen them, I live down under and ive seen dealers AND people shooting up, then again Melbounre is meant to be the drug capital of Australia :roll:

·
Registered
61 Posts
nice shots, 3rd one down gets my vote for favourite.
is a saab hard to maintain? had any real problems with it?
assuming your under 25 on your P's that is. my parents tried to steer me clear of european cars as i was looking at a saab because of hard to find parts and prices etc. but it didnt work:roll:

·
Registered
728 Posts
One day I'll find another 5 Door and actually buy it - those are sweet pimp ugly cars - it's ultimate Saab! Soo Ugly it's cool. :cool: I personally would drop a heavily modified 16V Turbo into one tho - leave it stock looking and a must have leather interior - but that 5 door body is awesome - GREAT pictures man!

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Nice pics man. I am going for a drive this sunday (yes I plan this sort of a thing in advance) and will take some pics.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've never seen a 5 door 900 before, and it looks like you can fit a lot of people in it. :eek: I once had 7 people in mine... with two in the trunk. How did you get those crazy colors in the first photo? :D

·
Registered
815 Posts
I was going to say the same - the first photo looks cross-processed or something. It's my favourite of the lot.

Oh, and to all you Stateside types, all the kangaroos here in Oz are too busy catching trains and stuff to be running around the countryside. ;)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the compliments :cheesy: And yes I did tweak the colour in the first photo a bit. And im 18 and yes my parents told me to stay away from Eauropean cars too, most Aussies seem to think they are unreliable and expensive to run, so they didnt want me to get it, but i did :cheesy: And now they both love it, because its more reliable and cheaper to run than mum's holden astra that needs like a $1300 repair job, and compaired to my mums 84 Ford Laser it feels like a new car, thats how advanced it was compaired to the little Aussie cars of the time :cheesy:

·
Registered
61 Posts
hah yeh im 17 and driving a european car. since they didnt know anything abou tit when i bought it they didnt try steer me away from it like they did the saab.
and its been good. more features then any car of its age. looks better then any car of its age also.
its been awsome untill now and im learning how to fix it myself which takes its time with these cars.

i noticed in your sig youve got 8v. does that mean its auto?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts