SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I cannot find anything on this one anywhere!

I have been on the WIS, the forums but nothing!

I have a 2004 Saloon 95 saloon and the boot is stuck closed or open. The lock is fine but the motor which is activated by electrics is dead.

Also the Power is dead (or so i assume). I am expecting that a current should flow - 12V 2-5A when the key or button is pressed. However, i have nothing on the meter so the motor may be ok.

Any ideas what should flow, has anyone ever checked the expected current etc.. when pressed and when not pressed. I assume nothing when normal and then somthing when pressed.

Also checked the wiring in the door which seems fine, but also i have an issue that the petrol flap motor is not working when i press. However, i am wondering if there is a time out on this as i kept checking several times in quickk succession and it worked, then nothing. THen later i tried again and it worked but then not.

As said all the wiring i can see is fine but i don't want to strip off any more paneling that the boot and door!

ALso i thought about checking the TWICE control unit but surely you don't have to take off the entire front passenger seat?

Thanks

Daniel

(Ilkeston)

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that i will have another go.

Just things like this you are never sure. Also my has only done 30k miles so surpised. However, as said it must be wiring somewhere.

I will try and get further up the look.

Interestingly my petrol car release is also working now, I think that it is something that times out if you use it too much.

Cheers

Daniel

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that was it.

When i pulled off the rubber boot all the wires are kinked and some had lost their insulation.

When i traced the wires back the voltage peaks at 12 when you press the plipper and the wire tas totally disconneced/

Wish i saw before i dismanteled half the car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts