SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
20-22psi, at the tippy top my friend. with proper hardware, expect anywhere from 300-320bhp with those boost numbers on the td-04 :cheesy:

after that, youre gonna run into reliability issues first. thats quite a bit of boost for a relatively smaller turbo to hold.

REMEMBER THOUGH: you should think in terms of horsepower and torque goals INSTEAD of boost goals.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
try one of our site sponsors:
genuinesaab.com
partsforsaabs.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
perfect i will check em out tommarow and let you know what i find. also is there anything special i should know before i tear it apart and rebuild it? its my first time but i have seen quite a few videos about rebuilding turbos and read a couple books on it so im going to give it a try. thanks

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
its not a cakewalk, but not that hard from what i've heard. I dont have a lot of DIY experience myself, but i would tackle a turbo replacement if i had to.

id estimate 5-8 (for decent DIYer) hours to do it. There might be a few little bumps in the road, but its not like you're trying to machine a head yourself :cheesy:. Not rocket science!

so your td-04 failed? thats disheartening. I am told its a very strong turbo, you dont see many go. But it might just be faster to buy a new one and plop it in rather than rebuilding.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i dont know how it failed i bought it off a guy at my work fro 20 bucks and it has some shaft play and he said it would need rebuilt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
excellent i found it on the parts for saabs website!!! its under the engine parts section/o-rings and graommets and seals. could someone please look at the turbo gasket kit on this website for the 90 to 98 model saab turbos and let me know if this is all i need? first time rebuilding a turbo so any help would be great on whether this is the right kit or not. just click on the turbochrager section after you get throught the previous sections stated above.

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts