SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I reinstalled my MBC+a and that went fine. But even when i had it installed before, and even now, i have it turned in all the way and I still don't hit a fuel cut. What could cause me to not hit the fuel cut? also, now it boosts into the red a little bit, but it doesnt hold there, it goes up and then drops down into the yellow and rests at just a little before the red. so it doenst seem to pull as hard as it used to. also, it might just be me, but spool up seems to be a bit slower than it used to be. any recomendations on what could be causing this lack of boost? i want to be able to get the most out of my mbc+a.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Stock BPV?

Could be failing and letting excess boost leak back to intake.

Stock IC? Is it double or single pass IC? Could be reaching flow limitations of the IC and causing droop.

Check all your vac lines first for leaks, crumbling lines etc...

Pull the hose to the WG and run it to see if you can reach a fuel cut. If not, you have a leak somewhere else, probably at the BPV. if you hit a fuel cut, reconnect and make sure anticipator is fully closed (CCW). If open, it could be opening the WG prematurely.

Check IC hoses for tears on all sides. This will take getting under the car to inspect.

Start there.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the HOT, so i guess its the double pass. and i have a BOV on it. i will check the IC lines. I just recently replaced the vac lines, but nothing relating to the waste gate. those lines all are much thicker than my vac lines. should i replace those? what is their diameter?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
HOT should have the single pass, not the dual pass.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
could be a weak waist gate actuator spring so the exhaust gasses forse open the waist gate, i had the same thing with my 9000 carlsson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts