SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done swapping a 2.0t engine from a 2001 9-3se donor into my 2000 9-3se. Kept my trans swapped pretty much everything else over because the donor had less than 100k on it. So far the car runs had problems bleeding the clutch but eventually got it done. Only 2 remaining issues.

1. Flickering oil pressure light. It only comes on when I am not on the gas or when I come to a stop. advised by a mechanic to try swapping the oil pressure sensor and if that doesn't work oil pump.

2. Boost, before the swap I got a stage 1 tune. Currently in 3rd going up a hill I am going way over 16psi the highest it got was up to 23psi at which point the IC charge pipe? popped off the Throttlebody sending the car into limp home mode. my questions are, are these kind of boost levels normal for a stage 1 tune and if not what is ok and if i need to lower the boost levels i just adjust the wastegate and will this affect the tune?

·
Registered
18,906 Posts
1. Did you drop the pan to check for blockage? If so, keep going where you are headed, if not, do it immediately if not sooner.

2. Sounds high for stage 1. BPC maybe? Or wastegate stuck?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dropped the pan before i put the engine back in, made sure everything was clean just didn't think to change the pressure sensor while i had it out.

Also the guy that tuned my ecu last year replied to an email i send him asking for advice. he sent me some documentation on boost adaptation so I am reading now and when i get home later or maybe in the morning I am going to make some adjustments and hope for the best.

really looking forward to driving my car again.

1. Did you drop the pan to check for blockage? If so, keep going where you are headed, if not, do it immediately if not sooner.

2. Sounds high for stage 1. BPC maybe? Or wastegate stuck?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Boost sounds high for stage 1. Which turbo is in the car? A stock wastegate spring should be around 8 PSI I believe. Sounds like the guy who did your tune set the PSI rather high. What oil are you running in the car? Maybe try a thicker weight oil fully synthetic like 5w40 or even a 10w40. Check the wiring going to the sensor. To be 100% sure you have strong oil pressure, install an electric sender and oil gauge. I had an 84' VW Rabbit that had a flickering oil light. Installed a gauge and was seeing 40 psi when it was flickering so it was OK. Changing the WG spring won't help unless you have a 25 psi spring or something in there. Think with a T7 the only real option you have is to reflash it, or learn to keep it from over boosting which might be hard. Also, get the oil light figured out ASAP before driving the car more as I doubt you want to swap a new engine in again ;ol;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts