SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question for you all.

I had full boost when I bought my Saab 93 Aero. Boost needle would go up to the tip of the red / end of the yellow in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

Since then, I have changed the air filter to BSR with a heatshield, changed the BPV to a forge piston one from elkparts and replaced all vac lines.

The car has just been fully serviced and oil pan checked - no problems.

Any idea's why I am not getting full boost?

Also, the car seems to have less torque in low rev's but better pull at higher revs - is this to do with the air filter that i changed?

Thanks,

Johnny

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112567
Examine the replaced parts and reinstall.
?We do have questionable aftermarket QC(quality control) and quality itself?
Visit Wikipedia and drop in at the Saab Section. What PMI wrote, I hope , may be there. We also have, or did have a DR Boost at the FAQ.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
I don't see anything that you changed that would increase boost. You either need a larger turbo, an ECU tune or both. The air filter might let the engine rev up quicker, but the ECU is still going to limit boost the way it was designed to. You might try adjusting the base boost up a little higher, but it sounds like you really want a tune, which is very reasonable these days.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
You are not going to get any increase in boost with those little mods, especially if you have a t7.
If your car is a T5, you can get an mbc to raise boost. If it's a T7 then you must get the ecu flashed, but before that you need some other goodies, like a DP, exhaust and IC to be safe. High octane gas helps as well.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Make sure your forge BPV is installed with the GREEN spring only! (As per Nick T...."The T7 doesn't need anything more than that"...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts