SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-3T
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2006 Saab 9-3T 2.0 b207r having boost issues. Going up hills boost gauge will go deep into red feel vibration and reduced power. While cruising off the throttle noticed at around 50 to 60 mph gauge will drop to zero then pop back up to normal off and on not constantly though hear hissing behind dash while idling after a drive and engine is hot checked hoses found no leaks that I can find had it checked for vacuum leak they found none and no misfires after a long test drive. No check engine light no codes car has 207000 miles. First startup in morning while driving I can hear a Slightly loud rough hiss When I let off the throttle so waste gate is working I think. Trying to figure out if it’s a boost control valve or the air bypass valve but would like more info before I have to order any parts money is a little tight right now. I have some mechanical experience and am ASE certified in brakes and entry lvl steering and suspe

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having boost problems as well.. the boost will raise slowly and the car will have a hard time but at idrle IL go faster then me pressing the gas no turbo noise car didn't stall at any moment no check engine. If I press the gas the boost goes slowly then at least gets half ways and it drops down and it rearranges in normal position it respond but I drove 2 blocks when I notice that and drove it home

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-3T
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have a 2006 Saab 9-3T 2.0 b207r having boost issues. Going up hills boost gauge will go deep into red feel vibration and reduced power. While cruising off the throttle noticed at around 50 to 60 mph gauge will drop to zero then pop back up to normal off and on not constantly though hear hissing behind dash while idling after a drive and engine is hot checked hoses found no leaks that I can find had it checked for vacuum leak they found none and no misfires after a long test drive. No check engine light no codes car has 207000 miles. First startup in morning while driving I can hear a Slightly loud rough hiss When I let off the throttle so waste gate is working I think. Trying to figure out if it’s a boost control valve or the air bypass valve but would like more info before I have to order any parts money is a little tight right now. I have some mechanical experience and am ASE certified in brakes and entry lvl steering and suspe
UPDATE
Replaced the boost control valve and now no more over boost yay😃😃

1 - 8 of 8 Posts