SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 9000 cse. Last week I started getting only base boost - the needle on the turbo boost gauge went no higher than mid-yellow. I tested the bpc and determined that it was faulty. I did this by putting a wire from the positive terminal on the battery to the middle connector on the bpc and another wire from one of the outside connectors to the negative terminal on the battery. I would rotate the negative wire back and forth to both of the outside connectors and blow through the middle wastegate inlet. There was never a seal. I tried cleaning the bpc. That didn't seem to work. Finally I borrowed a bpc and immediately felt an increase in power. The turbo needle now goes to just above yellow to the yellow and orange checkered part. But it never goes clear to orange. Almost, but not quite. The car has much more power. But, if I remove the hose to the wastegate, the needle goes clear to orange and I feel like the car has enough power to break the asphalt beneath the wheels it has so much power.

My question is, do your cars go clear to orange or to the yellow and orange checkered part of the turbo boost gauge? I do hear a little hiss when I boost up to the orange and yellow. It is a little his right after I press the gas pedal that lasts for a second.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts