SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the base boost on my 97 cs lpt? wuts the max boost it gets without anything modified? and what psi of boost does the fuel cut off engage? and what happens when it does?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I dunno about numbers... but the saab resists self destruction quite nicely: while alarming, fuel cut off is quite survivable. If you're talking about manually controlling your boost or what not... dont push it- youll kill it eventually ;)

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
As you can check here http://www.saab9000.com/procedures/exhaust/baseboostadj.html, you car should have 5.5-6.5psi of base boost.

When the fuel cut off engages, it will, as the word says, cut the fuel off, so you'll feel a very hard deceleration then deceleration.

I don't know at what pressure it kicks in, for FPTs it's around 1bar (15psi) but I think that LPTs have a lower treshold.

wuts the max boost it gets without anything modified?
You mean the stock max boost? if you don't have a solenoid it's the same as the base boost, if you have a solenoid I think it's not much more than that, around 7-7.5psi.

·
Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you...that helped me out a lot...

one more question....when im driving, and the fuel cut off happens...the engine just stops getting fuel and then when the boost get back down, the fuel comes back into the engine?

·
Registered
88 Posts
togish1 said:
thank you...that helped me out a lot...

one more question....when im driving, and the fuel cut off happens...the engine just stops getting fuel and then when the boost get back down, the fuel comes back into the engine?
yeap and you'll feel it trust me :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts