SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
85 900 also will only boost slightly in orange. When I push accelerator to the floor it acts like it is shutting it down, starts missing. Any suggestions

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Your apc might be on the fritz, but if it is missing then I would change your plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Make sure that you use the proper NGK plugs (Bcp7es or bcp7ev) these cars are very picky about their plugs. At the very least change your plugs.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have replaced plugs and wires but not distributor cap or rotor. Should I do that before replacing apc. I am new to the Saab fix game. What would a new apc cost?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have replaced plugs and wires but not distributor cap or rotor. Should I do that before replacing apc. I am new to the Saab fix game. What would a new apc cost?
Don't even think about an APC yet, it's not that simple. Do the base boost first, it's not correct (see my previous post) and do rotor and dizzy cap if you must. Should be able to get half way up the orange even without APC.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I will see if i can find someone that can do that for me. Do not have a local Saab dealer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both, will not boost properly and when I mash on the gas it acts like it is shutting down. Have an appointment next tues to have base boost checked.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It sounds like you either have a fuel or spark issue that needs sorting before you even worry about boost levels. It doesn't matter if your apc and turbo are working great if the rest of the engine isn't. (It sounds like it isn't)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts