SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I know this question has been asked before, but lets make believe I am retarded and start again :cheesy:

I want to get this gauge really soon:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7977521534&category=33676
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4553379836&category=6755

What is a pod??? I read about that everywhere but dont know if I need it with this gauge or if it is some kind of general requirement.

I want the setup to look something like this

Attachments

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
According to Haynes operating pressure on the 2.0 & 2.3 Eco's is 0.4 bar +/- 0.03 bar, the Aero is 0.45 bar +/- 0.03 bar. My Maptun stg 2 shows about 0.7 bar when "pushing on".

X

·
0 Posts
Dont know about the V6, but the other engines boost at just under half a bar. Depending what and how many ecu upgrades you use this can go up to 1.5 bar :cheesy: . Many gauges need a pod, if being surface mounted. A pod is basicaly a case that the gauge goes into allowing it to be mounted securely. You can get a pillar pod/mount or a dash pod. Most 9-5 use a pillar pod..:)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Even if Xaam is correct a boost guage is a good way of seeing if the turbo / wastegate etc is healthy, if boost starts to drop you may have a problem, plus its a gadget, plus it looks cool.........................oh I want one now :roll:

X

·
0 Posts
I would still have one, I suffered with lower boost pressure for months, it was my boost gauge which highlighted the problem :cheesy:

More toys the merrier :cool:

·
Registered
636 Posts
A friend of mine drives a Nissan 240SX, and on the forum he uses, somebody was selling an Autometer Phantom. I dont know if this is the exact gauge, but this is one of them (so you can see the design, color scheme, ect) Its retail is about 60 dollars or more i think, and he's selling it for $35.

My car is silver, black interior. How do you think this would look on it? I plan on an A-pillar mount when i get a gauge.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
If you don't mind the big white gauge. ;) Since every other gauge is black with white letters that would bother me, but it's your car. If you like it go for it. :cheesy:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Hey, i don't think it looks too ricer. :evil: My white dial in a carbon pillar mount.:cool:
Ricers go for the blue digital gauges anyway.....

X

·
0 Posts
Black versus white :roll:

Go with whatever you fancy..:D

But of course black is better..

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Make that two votes for black is better :D

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Looks great and the pod covering is excellent! :cool:

·
Registered
610 Posts
where can i get one of those fancy pillar mounts??
I see that your in CT, is that your car??

thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Nick, i suspect thats a standard A pillar mount that has been re-covered along with the whole A pillar fixture to make it look OE. Mighty good it looks too.:cool:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
my friend pete does this.. i helped out on the first one which was mine, but he can make anyone another one.. pm me if u want more details

1 - 20 of 26 Posts