SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought this boost gauge on ebay and I'm pretty excited about it, but I do need to know what steps I should take to install it. I know this has been discussed into the ground, but I was hoping someone would be willing to say it again.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mounting the on the A pillar is umm......well to be honest and from doing it myself, looks tacky...UNLESS, you got a gauge pillar that is made for our cars. the custom/universal mount ones look like a rice mod. Im only sharing my opinion from when I had mine on. But if you wrap it with some nice suede and do the other side it would look pretty good. Get a heat gun and get ready to form it! :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the idea of a pillar pod, because I thing they look good, but I am considering putting material over it. We'll see.

But I will agree that you have to have a pod that fits well with the car.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do think the light switch location looks good too, but the gauge pod just does something for me.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im mostly interested in the mechanical aspect of this, what do I do to connect the gauge to the boost system? Where do I put the vac lines through, what o I connect them to, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There should be a 3 way junction of vacuum line on the drivers side firewall, use the vacuum line closest to the drivers fender. This line you tap into should be from this junction to the intake manifold on a splitter that also goes to the fuel pressure regulator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts