SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my glow shift boost gauge today and was doing a fine job installing it, until i got to the wiring. I hooked up the ground wire fine but after that i didn't know what to do.:(

I searched all over the web but all the how to's just say things like "the cigarette will provide the power", but they never actually say exactly where and how its wired. This does not help me at all because i cant figure out where the **** to get it from, do i just plug the end of the wire into the fuse panel or what???:confused:

The gauge works fine measuring wise but i need it to light up.

Please give some detailed info about where the wires actually "plug" in and how i can wire it to dim with the interior lighting?

Thanks
Max

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Wire it up to the headlamp "live", that way the gauge will dim/brighten the same as the dash via the lighting rheostat thumb wheel.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Wire it up to the headlamp "live", that way the gauge will dim/brighten the same as the dash via the lighting rheostat thumb wheel.
Got a picture of this by chance? I was wondering how I could get my gauge to dim, but I figured it was controlled by the SID which would make it more difficult.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
while we are on this topic; what criterias are there for a boost gauge?
Well they need to be able to read boost, be in the form of a calibrated gauge and should be able to fit into the car somewhere.................

What did you mean?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
i mean, how many PSI's I should be looking for?
Depends, are you planning on tuning your car?

If not, anything around 20 psi boost would be plenty. Your car should max out at 13-15 stock.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
No, i am not planning to to do any mods at all;

If I decide to do FMIC, would I need more than 20?
Nope! FMIC doesn't add boost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts