SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this problem for months now. Basically I'll put my foot down and sometimes I'll take off as normal. However sometimes the boost gauge either doesn't get anywhere the red topping out around 3/4 OR it'll hit the red then drop back down to 3/4. It's hit and miss when it does or doesn't do this.
I've found sometimes when I pull out to overtake a car and the boost isn't full, I can let off the accelerator and press it down fully and sometimes I get full boost. It's a 50/50 chance though.
Done a bit of searching and can't really find much to point me in the right direction... any help here? Can is a 2003 Aero 210bhp jobbie. Please help me here, took it to a garage who basically said they can't find anything wrong. No CEL lights or anything... and idles perfectly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
search hard for boost or vac leaks. It could be one of those little hoses coming loose or having popped off. I had the hose which comes off the cold side of the IC right behind the drivers side headlamp pop off. Car ran fine and did much of what yours is doing. I put it back on and it was fine. Kept poppin off though so I have gone and replaced all that small boost & vac line with stuff from GS and put little clamps on as well. Or one of those little lines could be split causing it too. Once you check all those then go over you IC piping and make sure there are no leaks. If you cant find any have a shop do a boost and vac test to rule it out. Its an inexpensive place to start... good luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers will check them over this weekend...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts