SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
First, according to your tuner, for how long does the MAF stays high after u lose boost ? Forever, or just few milliseconds !
second, did this happen after a certain work been done to the car, upgrades or she was driving normal at least few weeks after the last thing was ever done to it ?
3rd, are u using stock Bypass valve, or any sort of different setup ?
finally, depend on what u provided already, unless there is more inputs from u, i would start looking at the charge pressure sensor and the wastegate solenoid .. but lets hear from u about the first 3 questions.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
He said MAF stays high while boost drops and throttle is wide open. He said its impossible which is why he thinks its an electrical issue.

The car was fine after all my mods for about a year. This is a new issue so It shouldn't be the mods being poorly installed.

I am Running the stock bypass valve.

·
Registered
686 Posts
i would start looking at the charge pressure sensor and the wastegate solenoid
Could be. It would also be useful to take a look at the plugs.

Let's see what Matyas finds. Hopefully his Tech 2 shows up soon.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Okay my tech 2 showed up today. I found two shorts and fixed them. One was interior lighting. One was onstar. Onstar was causing a battery drain but I have since disconnected it (I don't have nav) and the drain is gone.

I am no longer plugging and unplugging the battery now that this is fixed. I experienced one boost cut but the idle is much better and voltage isn't dropping when I go into neutral anymore. I think the ecu needed to learn the tune.

I also want to note I used the tech 2 to marry my uec to the car and I think it came from an automatic before my car. I also ran dtc and only came up with the driver side seat motor and tpmm.

I think now that I have been driving 2 days I should keep using it and report back in a week or two if the issues are still present or if they slowly go away.

I paint corrected and ceramic coated the entire car today so I won't touch it for 2 days and then I'll be driving again!

Here's a little *** for you if you haven't gotten any during your quarantine (;

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nice! 👍 Ya, take a look at the misfire and knock counts, when you can. Then clear them and check after driving. It sounds like the electrical fixes helped.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts