SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bpc? And what's the etc. part I would like to know all causes so I canfix the issue. What about the wastegate actuator?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
BPC = Boost Pressure Control

Etc. (from the latin - et cetera) = others; and so forth; and so on (used to indicate that more of the same sort or class might have been mentioned, but for brevity have been omitted)

You might want to be more specific when describing the issue:

Is the boost pressure dropping suddenly under hard acceleration?

Does charge pressure (as indicated by the dash gauge) fall off slowly under steady load/speed rates?

Are you unable to bring boost pressure up into the yellow/red zone at all?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Bpc? And what's the etc. part I would like to know all causes so I canfix the issue. What about the wastegate actuator?
BPC sites near the top of the radiator, and it has 3 hoses coming out of it and an electrical harness. It controls the boost! Over time the internals can become gummed up and/or the solenoid burns out:

...could be any of the issues (or a combo thereof) I mentioned previously; check the wastegate, as it could be frozen. You should be able to move the rod back and forth with a little effort. Also there is a retainer clip that attaches the wastegate arm to the rod that rusts/disintegrates and falls off. Let me do more thinking but the issues I've mentioned are def the most common cause of this. Just FYI, mine was missing the retainer clip, a vacuum line (silicone!) was split ever so slightly, and my BPC was bad... :cry:

Fixed all those things and boost is back! Good luck bro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts