SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the deal I bought brand new kyb strut mounts in december when I put new struts on my car one was bad out of the box so needing to get the car going I put the old one back on. Now the other new one has gone bad. So I am in the market for new mounts not going with kyb again (lesson learned):evil: I am putting on a set of B&G springs this time and I run 16 x7 rims with 225/50's on them at 36 psi I drive pretty hard so I'm looking for some input on mounts should I just buy Saab mounts or has anyone had good luck with others.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Even though theyre quite pricey ive read and heard that genuine saab ones are the best and last the longest

·
Registered
375 Posts
Genuine Saab makes quality products and have heard good things about there strut mounts. I believe they are hardened too so if you are looking for performance driving they may help.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I had 138k on my 9-3 when I sold it. I sold it to a friend, and we're coming up on 143k on original struts.

Go OEM. :D Definitely worth it if you plan to keep the car for years.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
Why do you think the first two letters are "KY?" What else do you think they make?

But (not joking now) didn't these have a warranty? I can't imagine any automotive product having less than a 6 months warranty, especially for suspension products... Ron

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i have 185k on my car with all original drive train and suspension. all i have replaced is clutch fuel pump and a few engines due to my drag racing habits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts