SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few small rust spots I'd like to address before they get worse. Many years ago back in high school I had a good amount of experience fixing extensive rust with welding in sheet metal, filler, etc, so I do have some idea of what I'm doing, but would like to get some input on the particular spots I need to fix and best methods.

- Corner of rear hatch under Saab logo, and adjacent corner of rear fender above taillight. A spot about the size of a dime each, seems to have come through from the inside on both areas. Little bit of flaking paint and de-laminating seams on the hatch.

- Quarter sized bubble over rear passenger wheel well, definitely started on the inside as paint isnt broken.

As each spot is rather small, I was going to grind them out, apply some sort of rust preventative (suggestions?), and then fill and prime/paint. I do want to find the source of the water coming in from the back. I suspect the spoiler on the hatch, and the antenna on the fender.

Since the car is black I think I can get away with a rattle can and some wet sanding.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The rear shox mounting holes
The jacking points
The hand brake cable bracket
The battery support plate
The front struts
Best of luck:cheesy:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Also check the seams where the rear fender meets the quarter panel, and where the trunk floor meets the quarter panel. The seam sealer fails and lots of water gets thrown up by the wheels in that area.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts