SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 turbo 3door.do the lower body mouldings have locator holes behind them or is it just tape ? thanks :cheesy:

·
Registered
888 Posts
No locator holes, just tape. I removed mine when I painted the car. I used a puddy knife to help carefully pry and peal it off. A heat gun is good to soften the rubber and makes removal easier. BTW...there are some holes behind the trim...I assume for the SPG trim.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No locator holes, just tape. I removed mine when I painted the car. I used a puddy knife to help carefully pry and peal it off. A heat gun is good to soften the rubber and makes removal easier. BTW...there are some holes behind the trim...I assume for the SPG trim.
do you mean the wide moulding at the bottom of the door??

·
Registered
107 Posts
There are holes located under the molding strip (3" or so tall) on the lower third of the body. These are there for mounting the aluminum rails to which the SPG panels attach.

Chris

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The moldings on the doors are held in place by tape.

The front and rear corner moldings are attached in 3 places with screws. Then you must shove the rear panels forward to unlock them from the aluminum top rail, and vice versa for the front panels, that is slide to the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts