SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just bought a 2005 9-5 Arc. On the Saab website, I saw exhaust tips that seemed to say that they would fit my car, however, the picture shown was with a cut-out in the rear bumper where the tip stuck out. Does this mean that in order to put an exhaust tip on I need to get the Aero bodykit (which seems very expensive)? If so, how much would the body kit cost, and would it look bad if I just bought an Aero rear bumper (would things not line up without the side skitrs, and then if I got the side skirts too, would the side skirts not line up with the stock front?)
Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
74baja said:
Hello,
I just bought a 2005 9-5 Arc. On the Saab website, I saw exhaust tips that seemed to say that they would fit my car, however, the picture shown was with a cut-out in the rear bumper where the tip stuck out. Does this mean that in order to put an exhaust tip on I need to get the Aero bodykit (which seems very expensive)? If so, how much would the body kit cost, and would it look bad if I just bought an Aero rear bumper (would things not line up without the side skitrs, and then if I got the side skirts too, would the side skirts not line up with the stock front?)
Thanks,
Jack
Sounds like you have a hidden tip exhaust. To avoid buying the rear skirt for the non-hidden tips (not necessarily the aero bumper) you can just bend the exhaust hangers down a bit to get the exhaust to hang below the bumper and put the tip on below the bumper.

The only difference with the rear Aero trim is that it is painted to match the color of the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts