SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if this has been posted yet, and my apologies if it has. Here's official word on the body colored door handles. Also note the 5 spoke wheels on the Aero

New for 2006
  • SportCombi premium midsize wagon
  • Turbo V-6 engine for all 9-3 Aero models: 250 horsepower (186.4 kw) and 258 lb.-ft. torque (350 Nm)
  • Linear and Arc sedan and convertible models merged into a single base model
  • Aero models receive 17-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels with all-season tires
  • Body color door handles on all models
Here's the full 2006 9-3 product guide from GM:
http://media.gm.com/us/saab/en/product_services/ps_cars/ps_c_9-3/index.html

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JWLANKY said:
I hope its an option as i do like the traditional black handles:roll:.
I like the black, too. But I want to see what hese look like. Doesn't sound like it's an option, but keep in mind this is for the US GM website, so maybe it's different across the pond...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Speaking of handle color, on my '03 the handles are all faded and are a dull gray just on the handle that actually opens the door, the rest of the handle assembly is black? Anyone else have this fading problem?

Its really not that big of a deal since my car is silver and it kinda matches, but still its kinda akward.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Karnifex said:
Speaking of handle color, on my '03 the handles are all faded and are a dull gray just on the handle that actually opens the door, the rest of the handle assembly is black? Anyone else have this fading problem?

Its really not that big of a deal since my car is silver and it kinda matches, but still its kinda akward.
Common problem. Tell your dealer to replace them.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Jet 9-3 said:
Common problem. Tell your dealer to replace them.
Im sure this is a dumb question even though I already know the answer thats coming, I would just rather sound like a dumb *** here rather when Im at the shop. There is no acutal SAAB dealership here, I bought mine out of state. However there is a dealership that fufills SAAB warranty, do you think they will do it? Im having my "main and intermediate" service done on Friday, I guess I will ask while Im there.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm not thrilled with the Arc trim going away. I don't like what's done to the Aero trim and Arc suited me just fine. What with all the decontenting, "base" is very much that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I still like the car with the black door handles.....the black trim on the car is part of it's cool looks......a little different than more other cars on the road.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Methinks they should lose the grey side skirts (lower trim) and replace it with painted stuff before coloring the door handles. Maybe they're doing this because of all the faded door handles?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Two surprising things for me from the media guide:

1. The V6T in the Aero doesn't feature Saab engine management. It's a Bosch system. That is completely surprising to me, I thought the turbo version was just for Saab. Seems like GM might want this engine is to be much more global than Saab specific.

2. The weight distribution of the SportCombi is worse than the sedan. It actually has a greater percentage of its weight over it's front wheels. Strange, I would have never guessed. It also has less cargo volume than the sedan with the seats up. Seems odd as well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
black_linear said:
Two surprising things for me from the media guide:

1. The V6T in the Aero doesn't feature Saab engine management. It's a Bosch system. That is completely surprising to me, I thought the turbo version was just for Saab. Seems like GM might want this engine is to be much more global than Saab specific.

2. The weight distribution of the SportCombi is worse than the sedan. It actually has a greater percentage of its weight over it's front wheels. Strange, I would have never guessed. It also has less cargo volume than the sedan with the seats up. Seems odd as well.

Nevertheless, the basic engine may be a GM engine, but it is developed by Saab to fit the needs in the SC, the turbo system has also been optimized by Saab.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DavidMorgan said:
What has this got to do with Workshop!
Uhhhh...

This forum is for general 9-3 stuff. This news falls under that category. The performance forum is for performance upgrades. Where do YOU suggest it go? :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
252 Posts
sbl said:
I'm not thrilled with the Arc trim going away. I don't like what's done to the Aero trim and Arc suited me just fine. What with all the decontenting, "base" is very much that.
They are not doing away with the "Arc" trim. There will only be two 9.3 models for 2006 the 9.3 and the 9.3 Aero. The 9.3 will look like the current Arc but be priced like the current Linear. It will also have the 210hp engine and ACC. It will be quite a good value.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Weight dist. makes sense as you are putting a hevier engine over the frint wheels, possiblyextended out past the front axle a bit.

·
Registered
194 Posts
*sigh...I guess it would eventually have to come to this...meaning the reduction of the number of models available. I got my 2004 Linear in 2/04 and still love it. Although my Linear is basically an engine output, and some wood trim away from being an Arc. I have every other option available except auto tranny. I got it on a lease, and actually planned on buying it out after the lease was over. Although it would be tempting to go for a new one now that the V6 is showing up.

I'll probably still keep the one I have, as it looks like the regular 9-3 for '06 is getting the old 2.0T engine currently occupied by te Arc and Aero. I like the low-end torque in the 175hp 2.0t personally...especially as I do most of my driving around stop-and-go areas. I'll just spend my money elsewhere...like PPC, performance exhaust, air filter, etc... :)

Color door handles...? Sounds a little too Acura/BMW/Audi like to me. Other than the fading issue, I'll take the black door handles anytime.

Just my .02

IQS

·
Banned
975 Posts
Black door handles have been the way of the saab for some time now... in fact as of my personal knowledge they always have been. However colored door handles could look pretty snazzy, anyone care to give it a go with good ol' photoshop and see how its going to look?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts