SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not losing it or technologically challenged and instead am vindicated! A couple days ago Saab sent me a letter saying the Bluetooth system needs a software upgrade/fix so that phone pairings stay paired, and to bring it to a dealer for the no-charge service.

I haven't brought the car in yet, but at least I feel better knowing it's not entirely me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Is your onstar working and what color is the light on the display? If the onstar isn't working then there is something probably wrong with the module. I had the same problem and they replaced the whole onstar unit.

So I'm not losing it or technologically challenged and instead am vindicated! A couple days ago Saab sent me a letter saying the Bluetooth system needs a software upgrade/fix so that phone pairings stay paired, and to bring it to a dealer for the no-charge service.

I haven't brought the car in yet, but at least I feel better knowing it's not entirely me.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On Star is working, in fact, since I can't pair a phone through Bluetooth the car uses On Star. And since I don't see the value of buying On Star phone minutes when I have a cell phone, I held off fixing the Bluetooth.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, we've tried four different phones, that's why I'm glad to get the letter from Saab saying the problem is with them, not me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Had the same problem fixed in my wife's combi - under warranty even before this became a known issue. When I called the dealership they told me they didn't know about this being a problem. When I brought her car in about a week later they told me they were flooded with requests. About a month later it still works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts