SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... is there bluetooth integration for the 9-3 available yet? It would be nice to utilize that function in our cars.

Anyone know?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think it is only on the Euro cars. But, I can not imagine that the Bluetooth chip is not installed anyway since it costs about a buck. I found with my girlfriend's BMW that it was in her 645ci, but needed a software update to activate it. Then it will download the names and numbers and work from the car as long as the phone is nearby. Need to get a tech support number direct to Sweden and bypass the US service guys who could care less.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I think the Bluetooth antennas are integrated into the telecommunications box in the trunk. Ad I think it's only in the Europe ones. Ergo, we can't get it.

Well, it took Saab 2 years to bring navi to the US. So I image we'll get Bluetooth by 2007, and Tel2 by 2009. And they won't be backwards compatible. :evil:

·
Banned
975 Posts
Viscouse said:
I think the Bluetooth antennas are integrated into the telecommunications box in the trunk. Ad I think it's only in the Europe ones. Ergo, we can't get it.

Well, it took Saab 2 years to bring navi to the US. So I image we'll get Bluetooth by 2007, and Tel2 by 2009. And they won't be backwards compatible. :evil:
just in time for AWD and an expected face lift on the body styling!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got a quote on getting the Bluetooth ICM installed in my car - they quoted $2,000.

Was not too happy about that cost!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts